The causes include various psychological traumas, excessive emotional strain or intellectual overload.
Symptoms of neurosis, among others, include emotional distress, excessive anxiety, panic attacks and mood disturbance. Physical symptoms of neurosis include frequent headaches, heartache, chronic fatigue, dizziness, poor appetite, sleep disorders etc. Neurosis very often causes various breathing disorders, which make it difficult to diagnose and to treat this disease.
Treatment plans may include both psychotherapy and medications.
The positive effects of the breath therapy on the nervous system have been known for a long time in medicine and have a scientific explanation. Respiration center is located in the brain stem and is closely connected with other parts of the brain, which are accountable for reflexes and general functioning of the body. Research has shown that inhale activates sympathetic part of the autonomic nervous system, while exhale activates parasympathetic part.
- Breathing exercises involving deep breathing and pausing before exhaling activate sympathetic nervous system. This part of the autonomic nervous system increases the heart rate and contractions as well as arterial pressure, inhibits peristalsis, decreases the release of the gastric juice and pancreatic secretion, and widens bronchi and bronchioles.
- Breathing exercises involving slow exhaling and pausing after it activates parasympathetic nervous system, which slows down heart contractions, decreases blood pressure, increases digestion and contracts bronchial muscles. Calm deep exhales with pauses help your body to relax and balance the nervous system.
- Respiratory center is connected with the part of the cerebral cortex associated with movement, that is why not only movement can affect breathing, but breathing can also be used to control muscle tone. This effect lays the basis for the muscle relaxation techniques and slow breathing relaxation.
- Breathing exercises enhance the work of the respiratory center and central nervous system, increase the secretion of serotonin («the hormone of happiness») and improves qualities of blood.
- Chronic stress affects the rate of breathing resulting in hyperventilation and hypocapnia (a state of reduced CO2 in the blood). It leads to further brain disorders, while correct breathing releases stress and tension in your body.
Frolov’s Respiration Training Device makes it easier for you to benefit from positive effects of the breath therapy in the treatment of the various neurotic disorders. Along with improving your psychoemotional and physical state, it reduces the feeling of oxygen shortage, labored breathing, palpitations, excessive sweating and sleep disorders.
Once you improve your overall health, you will find it easier to smoke less and avoid overeating, which is common for many people in stressful situations.
The Respiration Device can also be used for aromatherapy, which is successfully used in treating neurotic disorders. Combining aromatherapy with the breathing exercises boosts the nervous system resistance to the harmful factors.
On-line consultation from Recreation therapist, Dr. Sergey Zinatulin
Do you have any questions? Ask our Doctor!
Please include your age, chronical diseases (if any) and duration. If you are already using the Frolov’s device, please let us know for how long. We will be happy to help you and answer your question within 48 hours at the e-mail provided.