Statistics show that today there are about a billion smokers in the world. Approximately 50% of Russians are smokers and about 100,000 of them die from smoking every year. Diseases that are triggered or complicated by smoking annually kill 3,5 million people in the world.
Cigarette smoke contains more than 4,000 different chemicals, including high-toxic and cancer-causing chemicals (formaldehyde, benzene, arsenic etc.) Smoking firstly affects respiratory organs — poisonous chemicals damage the lungs, which inevitably leads to the bronchitis, emphysema or lung cancer.
In order to quit smoking quickly and easily:
- Improve your nervous system in order to go smoothly through the adjustment period after quitting smoking.
- Improve your respiratory system — clear the lungs, stabilize ventilation and gas exchange.
Breathing technique with the Frolov’s Respiration Training Device will help you to follow these steps.
Positive effects of the breathing technique with the Frolov’s Respiration Training Device in patients during quitting smoking period:
- Reduced withdrawal symptoms such as strain, anxiety and nervousness. This is the result of stabilized gas exchange, elimination of tissue hypoxia, including the nervous system hypoxia.
- Breathing exercises with the Frolov’s Respiration Training Device include breathing in and out against the resistance. This technique boosts the clearance of the bronchi and lungs, creating the drainage effect. Once the bronchi draining function has improved, lungs are cleared of toxic substances that left from smoking. This may involve coughing up dark-brown phlegm with an unpleasant smell.
- The overall improvement of the respiratory system not only enhances ventilation and gas exchange but also sharpens your sense of smell. Therefore, not only smoking but even the smell of tobacco smoke seems disgusting, which creates persistent aversion to smoking.
To make a withdrawal process less painful, breath therapy can be combined with the aromatic oil inhalation, the so-called aromatherapy treatment for respiratory problems. Inhalation of essential oils enhances the positive effects of the Device.
On-line consultation from Recreation therapist, Dr. Sergey Zinatulin
Do you have any questions? Ask our Doctor!
Please include your age, chronical diseases (if any) and duration. If you are already using the Frolov’s device, please let us know for how long. We will be happy to help you and answer your question within 48 hours at the e-mail provided.