The last decade has shown the increase among the people that are sick with the tuberculosis as well as in drug-resistant tuberculosis cases and disease complications. In order to fight bacteria, patients are prescribed
The disorders can prolong or complicate breathing problems leading to, respiratory insufficiency and bronchial obstruction. Therefore, tuberculosis treatment should not only fight tubercular bacillus with medications, but also improve lung conditions and metabolism in order to enhance body’s defense mechanisms.
The disease persists over a long period of time and even intensive treatment does not guarantee that the disease will not occur again, especially during the first two years after the recovery from active tuberculosis. Therefore, tuberculosis patients need an intensive rehabilitation throughout this period of time. It should include therapeutic exercise, massage, physiotherapy and resort therapy.
Positive effects of the breath therapy in patients with tuberculosis:
- Improved lung ventilation and gas exchange.
- Restored correct breathing biomechanics.
- Enhanced body’s defense mechanisms.
- Improved gas exchange, metabolism, the autonomic nervous system and mental state.
- The cyclical variations in intrathoracic (and intrapleural) pressure help to prevent or treat pleuritis.
- Breath therapy during the post-surgery period helps patients cough up bronchial secretions, which normally accumulate after the surgery. It also improves blood flow in the abdominal region and thoracic cavity.
The Device settings can be adjusted to suit the patient’s condition and the reserve capacity of the respiratory system and other systems of the human body.
During functional rehabilitation of the respiratory system, in addition to the breath therapy, Frolov’s Respiration Training Device can also be used for phyto-inhalation and aromatic oils inhalation, which helps to improve rehabilitation and life quality of patients.
In cases of pulmonary hemorrhage and hemoptysis the use of the Device is contradicted.
On-line consultation from Recreation therapist, Dr. Sergey Zinatulin
Do you have any questions? Ask our Doctor!
Please include your age, chronical diseases (if any) and duration. If you are already using the Frolov’s device, please let us know for how long. We will be happy to help you and answer your question within 48 hours at the e-mail provided.